Saturday, January 3, 2015

Building the Gloucester Rocker rocking boat

I just finished a small rocking dory called The Original Gloucester Rocker (plans here) for my daughter for Christmas. It's been a big hit and couldn't many photos online when I started so I thought I would post these for anyone else interested.

This may not be a 'real' boat build, but I kept it as authentic as possible in the construction details. Here are some of the details I added:

  • Lapstrake instead of a single side plank
  • Solid planking instead of plywood
  • Proper beveled dory laps


Here's the stock photo from the plans:



and my finished version under the tree:




Construction photos to follow...

1 comment:

  1. hi, just built one but need the brass plaque to affix inside transom. where can I get it/

    ReplyDelete